Monday, October 6, 2014

Welcome to the World of Game Design

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to "Wall 2 Wall Goes Outside", a special blog dedicated to the inside story of how the Wall 2 Wall Indoor Football Game, designed by yours truly, is converted to an outdoor version of the game, suitable for use with NFL stats and players.

For years, folks have asked me, "How do you do that?"  And, I usually say that game design is a "feel" process where you try different ideas until you find one that just feels right for you to continue moving forward with the design.

What I decided to do as I work on the conversion of Wall 2 Wall to the outdoor game is to let folks in on the process or, more correctly, let folks in on as much of the process as I can without giving away my rating formulas and other proprietary information.  You gotta be careful, because if you freely post your rating formulas, then folks can run with them and create their own card sets, which they could, conceivably, sell as their own.

So, there will be times when the "story" told within these pages seems to "jump" over some elements.  You may be tempted to comment or e-mail, asking me to fill in what appears to be missing.  But I will tell you, up front, that whatever is missing is missing for a reason, and that I won't be sharing the missing parts, no matter how politely you may ask.

Anyway, just settle in for a look at the thought process behind this conversion.  I hope that the look inside will be enough, once the game is complete, for you to purchase a copy of your very own.  And, there may be some opportunities for you to contribute ideas ... which, if they're used, scores you a free copy of the game when it comes out.

Please, enjoy the ride ...

No comments:

Post a Comment